Today marks the first day of summer, which I happily celebrate every year. It seems like summertime year long in L.A. since the sun is almost always out, but there is something special about the feeling when summer actually arrives. There are so many fun things to do in L.A. this season, I will share with you some of the things I plan to do in the months ahead to capture the Summer Spirit. Also, here are some images that inspire me to soak up everything this season has to offer:
1. Watch a movie outdoors: Thrillist compiled a list of every outdoor movie playing in the L.A. area. Pack a picnic and go!
2. Yamishiro Farmer’s Market: Every Thursday afternoon in the summer months, there is a beautiful farmer’s market held up in the Hollywood Hills. As I watch the sun set into the not-to-distant ocean, eating a “lasagna cupcake” from the Heirloom Food Truck, I am reminded of why I am happy to call L.A. home.
3. Find a pool: my friends and I treat finding access to a pool like a treasure hunt. We know all of the hotels in town that don’t mind outside guests sitting poolside, but if you don’t want to deal with the hassle, the Annenberg Community Beach House has a gorgeous pool in Santa Monica.
4. Grill It: I am excited to finally try what is considered L.A.’s best barbecue this summer: Bludso’s BBQ.
5. Dress the part: Bathing suit shopping can be daunting, but Unique Vintage has some adorable retro options that show off all of the right curves.